Secure your Website
Not sure that you should secure your website? Your website is available to anyone in the world with an internet connection. Just think about that for a moment.
Anyone in the world can see your website: staff members, contact details, everything! Unfortunately, not everyone in the world has feelings of goodwill for your website. Too many people – hackers – it’s an opportunity.
Fresh Mango can advise and assist you in maximising the security of your website. Following is a snapshot of some of the things we’ll help with.
- Login credentials – We’ll help ensure your Username and password are less open to a “brute-force” attack from hackers.
- Two-factor authentication – It’s a highly effective method of reducing the risk of unauthorised users accessing your website. Take a look at this article for more information.
- Review/Change Hosting – we can review and recommend the best hosts for your website, based upon your platform, traffic and SEO requirements.
- Stay updated – with regular health checks of your website we’ll ensure that your platform, plugins and any other software updates are applied to ensure know security issues are plugged in.
- Apply Sucuri – many of our website customers have opted to add additional protection to their website with Sucuri. Sucuri is a globally recognized website security company known for its ability to clean and protect websites, bringing peace of mind to website owners.
There are plenty of additional technical measures we would take to secure your website, but these are a good taster. Keep in mind that it’s not just your website of course. If you have back-office systems (eg customer databases) connected to your website then these are vulnerable too.
If you would like to find out more please contact us at fresh mango technologies and we’ll be pleased to help/advise. Monthly website health checks from Fresh Mango are competitively priced – for the peace of mind they bring to the clients we honestly think they are a “no-brainer”. We hope you agree and look forward to hearing from you!