Summary of Scope
Our BVI client was previously located at the Commerce House where they were leasing office space. They had secured an office spot at the Omar Hodge building and Fresh Mango was engaged to assist them in setting up their new office.
What we did
Initial talks with the Director of the BVI branch allowed us to understand what they wanted to implement and how their new office space would be laid out. At this stage their network equipment was brought into the Fresh Mango workshop for initial configuration.
We established and agreed on the cabling that would be required for the new office, as well as where the data points would be. We coordinated with the electrician and building workers to have pipes placed into the walls and ceiling to allow the network cables to be run.
Network cables were installed throughout the office to kitchen, where the rack and network equipment would reside. The server rack was mounted and cables terminated into the patch panel. All this was pre-work performed before the client moved into the office.
Once a move-in date was confirmed we commenced setting up their new office:
- Terminated the cables for the conference room, cubicle space and access point
- Patched from the patch panel the switch and tested all the connections, everything was ready
- Connected the router and modem, which provided internet access to the office
- Installed the printer on the workstations
- Installed their IP phones
- Installed any needed software such as Antivirus and remote support software
- Mounted the access point and installed conduit to cover the cable that was run to provide power and data to the access point.
And with that their new office was fully operational.