Rebuild of server room for BVI law firm
- Replaced ageing, rusting rack with high-quality 2nd hand unit for exceptional price
- Migrated all servers and network equipment, and redesigned the equipment layout for better access, weight distribution, and optimal layout
- Moved and re-terminated large numbers of UTP cables, tidied and routed properly for better access and aesthetics
- Upgraded backbone switches, and rebuilt core network for faster speeds for servers and workstations, and to allow better extensibility in the future
- Rectified significant power issues by installing proper UPS and PDUs, to allow full control of power, and protection of equipment
End result was a cleaner, faster and better laid out server room, with a large reduction in junk and useless equipment. Much safer and easier work environment. Even ended up finding some long-lost paperwork (building architectural plans) in the mess, which had been missing and needed by the client for over a year!